Santa Monica BMW Car Repair and Service
At Gi Automotive we are very passionate about BMW cars, it’s one of our favorite automotive brands. A BMW is a very well engineered car, they are designed to be driven and have earned the title “The Ultimate Driving Machine”. Our team of certified technicians have been repairing BMW cars in Santa Monica for decades. We promise to diagnose the problem right the first time, getting you back behind the wheel of your BMW sooner. We also guarantee our prices to be cheaper than the dealer 100% of the time.
BMW Concierge Service – If you live within a reasonable distance of Gi Automotive Santa Monica we offer our exclusive BMW Customer Concierge Service. Free transportation of your vehicle or you to our shop, ensuring you the least amount of disruption to your day. We make it our goal to take good care of you while we’re taking good care of your car.
Call today or send us an email and you’ll soon discover you and your BMW are in good hands!
Get in touch with us. Don’t trust your BMW to anyone else.
WE ACCEPT MOST BMW EXTENDED WARRANTY & INSURANCE COMPANIES
BMW Routine maintenance
BMW Factory Recommended Services
BMW Check Engine Light Diagnosis
BMW Oil Change Service
BMW Cooling System Repair
BMW Brake Pads and Rotors
BMW Dynamic Stability Control Systems
BMW Engine Repair, Overhauls and rebuilds
BMW Fuel injection System Diagnostics and Repair
BMW Heating & Air Conditioning Systems
BMW OBD2 Computer Diagnostics
BMW Diesel Engine Repair
BMW Electrical & BMW Electronics Systems
BMW Exhaust System Repair
BMW Steering & Suspension Repair and Alignment
BMW XDrive Repair
BMW Automatic and Steptronic Transmission Repair
BMW DCT Dual Clutch Transmission Repair
BMW Manual Transmission and Gearbox Repair
BMW Timing belts & Timing Chains Replacement
BMW VANOS Service and Repair
BMW Smog Equipment
BMW Wheel Repair and Tire Replacement
BMW Bumper and Body Repairs and Paint Color Matching
BMW Computerized Wheel Alignment System
BMW Exhaust System Repair
E30 Chassis 1982-94
BMW 316 318 320 323 325 333 M3
E36 Chassis 1990-98
BMW 316 318 320 323 325 328 M3
E46 Chassis 1998-06
316 318 320 323 325 328 330 M3
E90 E91 E92 E93 Chassis
316 318 320 323 325 328 330 335 M3 M3GTS
F30 F31 F34 F35 F80 Chassis 2011-present
316 318 320 328 330 335 340 M3
BMW 520 525 528 533 M535 M5
518 520 525 525xi 530 535 540 M5
E39 Chassis 1996-03
520 523 525 528 530 540 M5
E60 Chassis 2003-10
520 523 525 528 530 535 540 545 550 M5
F10 Chassis 2009- present
520 523 528 530 535 550 M5
GranTurismo 535 550
E63 E64 2003-11
630 645 650
F06 F12 F13
640 650 M6 Alpina B6
E32 Chassis 1986-04
BMW 730 735 740 750
E38 Chassis 1994-01
BMW 728 728iL 730 730iL 735 735iL 740 740iL 750 750iL L7
730 735 740 745 750 760 Alpina B7
F01 Chassis 2008-15
730 740 750 760
E31 Chassis 1989-99
2.0 2.5 3.0
F25 Chassis 2010-17
20i 28i 35i
E53 Chassis 1999-06
3.0 4.4 4.6 4.8
E70 Chassis 2006-13
xDrive 30i 35i 48i 50i xDrive M
E71 Chassis 2008-14
xDrive 35i 50i X6M
E52 Chassis 1999-03
E85/E86 Chassis 2002-08
2.0 2.2 2.5 3.0 3.0si M
E89 Chassis 2009-16
18 20 23 28 30 35 35is
BMW Maintenance Milestones
Every 10,000 Miles or 12 Months:
- Safety and Oil Service
- Oil Change
- Oil Filter Change
- Windshield Wipers and Wiper Fluid
- Indicator Lights and Dashboard Warning Lights
- Steering Linkage
- Engine Coolant
- Rubber Belts and Hoses
- Suspension Components
- Check for Fluid Leaks
- Check Tire Pressure
Here is an outline of what inspections we perform on your BMW in the first 120,000 miles
- 10,000 Miles: Oil and Safety Check
- 20,000 Miles: Oil and Safety Check
- 30,000 Miles: Inspection 1
- 40,000 Miles: Oil and Safety Check
- 50,000 Miles: Oil and Safety Check
- 60,000 Miles: Inspection 2
- 70,000 Miles: Oil and Safety Check
- 80,000 Miles: Oil and Safety Check
- 90,000 Miles: Inspection 1
- 100,000 Miles: Oil and Safety Check
- 110,000 Miles: Oil and Safety Check
- 120,000 Miles: Inspection 2
First 30,000 Miles, then every 60,000 Miles after that:
Underneath Your BMW:
- This includes everything from prior inspections.
- Verify the engine temperature.
- Check power steering system, rear axle, and transmission for leaks.
- Check the exhaust system for leaks, proper positioning and mounting, and overall condition.
- Check front control arm and bushing for wear.
- Check steering system for absence of play and overall condition.
- Clean the brake pad contact points, check the brake disc surfaces, and examine the thickness of your brake pads.
- Examine brake lines and clutch system connectors for leaks, damage, and proper positioning.
- Check positioning and movement of parking brake cables.
Tires and Wheels:
- Check pressure on all tires.
- Examine tires for wear and even tread.
- Grease wheel center hubs.
Under the Hood:
- Read diagnostic system.
- Check antifreeze, coolant, brake, clutch, and windshield washer fluid levels.
- Examine engine cooling system/heater hose connections for leaks.
- Check air conditioning is working correctly.
- Perform a battery load test and check the electrolyte levels of your battery, and reset service indicator.
For the Body and Interior:
- Check interior and exterior lighting for functionality.
- Check indicator lights, instrument panel, and dashboard for illumination and control.
- Check washer and wiper system.
- Check safety belts and visually check airbag units for damage.
- Check heating and air blowers and defoggers.
- Check mirrors.
To complete the inspection, there should be a short road test to finalize that the car is in proper working order.
Every 60,000 miles:
- All components of Inspection 1.
- Inspection of parking brake lining.
- Replacement of spark plugs.
- Replacement of air filters.
- Examination of flexible boots for leaks.
- Inspection of the car body for rest per your rust prevention warranty.