Gi Automotive Group has been providing Beverly Hills Porsche Service, Repair & Maintenance for over 15 years as we absolutely love everything Porsche, especially older raw and naturally aspirated Porsche 911’s.
This Maintenance Service Schedule is for the 2009, 2010, 2011 and 20012 Porsche 911 (called 997 Generation II internally at Porsche or 997.2 by enthusiasts).
Shout out to our friends Pierre (997.2 Carrera S), Cody of Brixton Forged Wheels (997.2 Carrera 4S) and our very own Anthony of MadWhips (997.2 Carrera 4S) who keep their 997.2 Porsche 911 Carreras (all of which are MANUAL) in top shape here at Gi Automotive Group by following this manufacturers maintenance service schedule.
The 2009-2012 Porsche 911 (997.2) is currently appreciating rapidly (as of 2019). This is due to the recent arrival of the brand new 2019 Porsche 911 (called 992) which moves the Porsche brand further away from it’s raw analog past and into the luxury and digital workings of the current generation.
While the brand new Porsche 911 is without doubt the latest and greatest piece of engineering to come out of Stuttgart in German it is being received as more of a very luxurious sports car than it’s previous generations which were very raw yet comfortable daily driving machines.
This maintenance service schedule is ONLY for the following Porsche 997.2 models: 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 Porsche 911 (997.2) Carrera / Carrera S, 4, 4S.
NOTE: This maintenance service schedule is NOT for 997.1 versions neither for 997.2 GT3, GT2 and Turbo.
2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Porsche 997.2 Maintenance Service Schedule
OIL CHANGE + FILTER: Replace oil + oil filter every 10,000 miles (15,000 km) or every 1 year
SPARK PLUGS: Replace spark plugs every 40,000 miles (60,000 km) or every 4 years
BRAKE FLUID: Replace brake fluid every 2 years
Minor Maintenance Checklist
(MILES: 20,000, 60,000, 100,000, 140,000 miles) or every 4 years
(KM: 30,000, 90,000, 150,000, 210,000 kms) or every 4 years
- Diagnosis system: Read fault memory; reset maintenance interval
- Replace engine oil change and filter replacement (Every 10,000 miles/15,000 km)
- Vehicle underside and engine compartment: Visual inspection for leaks (oils and fluids) and abrasion (lines and hoses); Underbody panels: visual inspection for completeness, secure installation and damage
- Coolant hoses: Check condition. Radiators and air intakes: Visual inspection for external debris and blockage
- Coolant: Check level and antifreeze protection level
- Replace pollen/cabin air filter element
- Brake system: Visual inspection of the brake pads and brake discs for wear (without removing wheels)
- Brake hoses and lines: Visual inspection for damage, routing and corrosion
- Drive shafts: Visual inspection of the dust boots for leaks and damage
- Tires: Check condition and tire pressure
- Check firewall section body drains for debris
- Check the door, lid locks and safety hook of the front lid for secure seating and function properly
- Vehicle lighting: Check function. All headlights: Check setting
- Horn: Check function
- Windshield wiper/washer system, headlight washer: Check fluid level and nozzle settings (use winter antifreeze protection during winter months)
- Check wiper blades
- Battery: Check condition and electrolyte level
- Electrical equipment, warning and indicator lights: Check function
Major Maintenance Maintenance Service Schedule
(MILES: 40,000, 80,000, 120,000, 160,000 miles) or every 4 years.
(KM: 60,000, 120,000, 180,000, 240,000 kms) or every 4 years.
- Replace air filter element
- Fuel lines and connections: Visual inspection for damage and leaks
- Brake system: Visual inspection of the brake pads and rotors for wear
- Parking brake: Check free play of parking brake lever
- Steering gear: Visual inspection of the dust boots for damage
- Tie rod ends: Check play and dust boots
- Axle joints: Check play; visual inspection of the dust boots for damage. Check the screw connections of the front and rear running gear adjustment points are secure
- Exhaust system: Visual inspection for leaks and damage; check mounting and heat shields
- Seat belts: Check function and condition
DRIVE BELT Maintenance Service Schedule
- Check drive belt at 40,000 miles (60,000 km) or every 4 years
- Check drive belt at 100,000 miles (150,000 km) or every 10 years
- Check drive belt at 160,000 miles (240,000 km) or every 16 years
CONVERTIBLE TOP Maintenance Service Schedule
- Maintain and care for convertible top at 20,000 miles (30,000 km) or every 2 years
Drive Belt & PDK Clutch Oil Maintenance Service Schedule
EVERY 60,000 miles (90,000 km) or every 6 years
- Replace drive belt
- Replace all-wheel drive controller oil – 911 Carrera 4 – 4-wheel drive models
- Replace PDK transmission clutch oil
Transmission, PDK, Front Differential Oil Maintenance Service Schedule
EVERY 120,000 miles (180,000 km) or 12 years
- Replace manual transmission oil
- Replace PDK transmission oil
- Replace front differential oil – 911 Carrera 4 or 4S – 4-wheel drive models only
We’ve highlighted in BOLD all the items on the 2009-2012 Porsche 911 Maintenance Service Schedule that must be adhered to if you want to keep your 997.2 Porsche 911 running like new and to avoid any unnecessary and costly repair bills due to neglect.
When maintained the Porsche 911 997.2 has proven to be one of the most reliable Porsche ever built and the most reliable and affordable luxury sports car ever built!
Please give us a call if you have any questions about the service & maintenance of your Porsche 911, and if you are in Beverly Hills please stop by and show us your Porsche!